Wednesday 12 July 2017

WIN INSTEAD OF DRAW

Here is a position from one of my games against Fritz rated play.  It is an endgame with black having one extra pawn.  

In the actual game I ended up drawing, I am black and it is black to play. I was concerned that my King was too far away from the pawns and white`s King would be able to start breaking through.

Can you see the best continuation for black?

No doubt some people will find this easy, during the game I missed it.  I will post black`s best move in the comments section.

Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

1 comment:

  1. The move I missed was Ne7! This move traps the white knight, the black king can easily capture it in a few moves. I have read lot`s of times in various articles that backward moves are the hardest to find and easiest to miss!

    ReplyDelete