Saturday 10 September 2016

WOULD I PLAY THIS IN A REAL GAME?


It is white to play.  Most club players would be able to spot the possibility of playing 1.Bxd5 exd 2.Nxd5. 

Two questions then arise, an easy question and a hard question.

1. The easy question. Is this good for white?

2. This is the harder question. Try to visualise the possible moves for black and white after 2.Nxd5......

In a real game against a human opponent, I would be very reluctant to play 1.Bxd5 exd 2.Nxd5...... as the ensuing lines were very difficult for me to work out.

In a recent game against Fritz, when running short of time I did play it but I ended up loosing as I did not find the optimal moves for white. 

It is a very interesting position.  Have posted the actual game with Fritz analysis. 


Proverbs 21:5 - The thoughts of the diligent [tend] only to plenteousness; but of every one [that is] hasty only to want.

No comments:

Post a Comment