Saturday 30 July 2016

THE DOWNSIDE OF DOUBLING

Previously I have mentioned the opportunity of using the "Double Function," which is built into the Fritz rated games module.

A few minutes ago I just finished a game were I doubled and it resigned. I am trying very hard to stop using the doubling function as it has a downside.

You can instinctively know you have a superior position, but you cannot accurately analyse or assess why the position is better?

For example here is the game I have just played, Fritz is white and has played 23.Kd1...I doubled.



To be honest I am not sure what the best move is for black, though I sensed an advantage.

It would be interesting to see people`s suggested best move for Black, obviously without consulting a computer?


Have found this a very valuable resource for combating Queen`s Pawn openings.



Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment