Friday 29 July 2016

I CANNOT BELIEVE I WALKED INTO THIS

Just lost a game after walking into a well-known endgame technique. This endgame technique is one which I have actually shown to others!

There are lot`s of books, videos and online articles which illustrate this technique. I have won games with it, yet in this instance I failed to spot it being applied to me, I became the hapless victim!

Here is one such video explaining how to apply the technique.



It is strange how you never imagine you will fall victim to these well-known tricks?

Once Fritz played 66.f5,  I remembered everything but alas, it was too late.

It serves as a sharp lesson and a sharp warning bout mental laziness!

Proverbs 6:9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment