Wednesday 13 July 2016

GAME 4 VERY UNSETTLING EXPERIENCE, HAPPY TO GET A DRAW

In fourth game Fritz caught me out with sharp reply on move 17. I found this very unsettling and became very defensive minded, really felt it was going to take me apart. When I played 17.Bxe7 I felt fairly confident, Fritz reply quickly took the wind out of my sails.

It ended up I was glad to get out with a draw, I offered it a draw on a number of  occasions and it kept refusing, which was quite scary.


Naturally I have a DVD which covers the Modern/Pirc defence.



Like the Bible says, better a living dog than a dead lion. A salvaged draw is better than a horrific defeat.


Ecclesiastes 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment